Donate To Our Adoption (Every dollar donated up to $10,000 will be matched - funded by Legacy 685)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Get rid of ants - chemical free!

We went on a wonderful one night staycation this weekend in McKinney, TX! If you ever get a chance to spend time there, you should! Wonderful restaurants, shops, and adorable down town area! Plus several antique stores - ahhh love!

We got back to realize that ants had taken over one wall in our bathroom! Since trying to simplify and go chemical free{ish} I decided to try to get rid of them without harsh chemicals! 

I mixed Borax with maple syrup and rubbed just a little bit on the wall in the middle of their 'path'
BORAX
MAPLE SYRUP 
{mix until becomes a paste}


Just to ensure that they saw the mixture, I cut the top off of a muffin liner, put the borax - maple syrup mixture in it, and placed that on the floor under them! [In the future I don't even think this will be necessary - they never even made their way down to the floor]

Literally within an hour those little boogers were gone, and have yet to return! 


I think the maple syrup draws the ants in and the borax illuminates them! 

I had no idea this would be so successful, but definitely keeping this in mind for future ant invasions!!!! 





1 comment:

  1. One I my favorite scriptures, I thought you would enjoy with your appreciation for the lovely, You certainly captured this!: Philippians 4:8 ~ "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - If anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

    ReplyDelete